Saturday, May 8, 2010

The Beginning

This movement has been my brain child for 10 years and what better time than Mother's Day weekend to birth my baby! I am an intelligent single professional woman who has chosen to live life without having a husband, significant other or a child. Don't get me wrong, of course I desire to have a husband and family but until God sends them my way- I have and intend to keep living a great life! I travel all over the country and have great friends, family & extended family but I have often been asked questions like; when are you getting married, why don't you have any children, don't you want children, why are you doing that alone, don't you want to experience that with your spouse instead of alone?

Is it written somewhere that SINGLE people aren't suppose to live life until they have someone to share it with? Are we not suppose to live a happy fulfilled life alone?

I happen to think in some ways this is what is wrong with the world and why the divorce rate is so high. People don't spend time getting to know themselves, learning who they are, what they like and what they don't like before getting involved with someone, getting married and having children. They say they want to grow "together" but what if the basis- the very fundementals of who you are & what you want aren't compatible with the person you have now committed yourself to?

So, through this blog, my website, services and resources I intend to assist single people everywhere feel comfortable and passionate about Single Living. I hope that I can inspire you to get to know yourself a little better, explore what you really want, develop & reach some of your goals, to feel comfortable about going to the movies alone, having a 5 star dinner alone and even attending the ballet or a play alone.

Now, I am not saying you have to be "alone" to be part of the Single Living Revloution but you definitely shouldn't be married...(smile)...you can be age 18-97...you can be a student or professional...man or woman...with or without children- as long as you are open to living a full, wonderful, amazing life...join us as we Embrace It- Live It- Love It!!!!

Each week I will post a topic- pose a question to you- or simply provide you with a great "Single Tip"....I hope you join the Single Living Revolution and enjoy the ride!!!!

Question of the week....Are you living life or is life living you?

1 comment:

  1. Question: Why did it take you so long to begin the movement? You've been my role model for years.

    ReplyDelete